Best Tablet for Mavic Pro:
In the world of drones, DJI’s Mavic Pro was a game-changer when it hit the scene back in September 2016. Its compact size, reliable 4K camera, and 3-axis gimbal revolutionized aerial photography. Not to mention, it was the first portable drone that could soar for over 20 minutes.
Now, if you’re a proud owner of the DJI Mavic Pro, you’re probably on the hunt for the perfect tablet to elevate your flying and filming experience. Let’s dive into the top tablets that can take your drone game to the next level.
Table of Contents:
Best Tablet for Mavic Pro:
1. Samsung Galaxy Tab S3: A Bright and Reliable Companion
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is a stellar choice for Mavic Pro owners. While its predecessor, the S2, had some hiccups, the S3 more than makes up for it. What makes it stand out is its expansive memory of up to 256GB via microSD.
Many drone enthusiasts have made the switch from iPads to this tablet for its spacious, sun-friendly display and fast CPU. The DJI GO app runs like a breeze on the S3, offering you silky-smooth video feeds in 1080 HD quality with stunning colors and contrast.
It’s a top performer that links seamlessly with the P4P drone, and you can count on its impressive 12-hour battery life for all your recording and editing needs.
2. DJI CrystalSky: Designed for Outdoor Aerial Photography
While the DJI CrystalSky monitor/tablet was originally tailored for other drone models, it’s also an excellent fit for the DJI Mavic Pro. What makes it shine is its ultra-bright display, outshining most tablets and smartphones even in the brightest sunlight. With resolutions of 1920x1080p on the 5.5” model and 2048x1536p on the 7.85” model, you’re in for sharp, clean images and minimal video decoding latency.
No bloatware to slow you down here – just the essential DJI GO app with full camera control and offline maps for when you’re out of Wi-Fi range. Dual Micro SD slots and a 3-4 hour battery life round out its impressive features.
3. iPad Mini 4: The Apple of Drone Enthusiasts’ Eyes
Apple tablets have long been favorites among DJI drone users, and the iPad Mini 4 is no exception. Its 7.90-inch display and excellent 5124 mAh battery are perfect for bright and extended outdoor flights. The Mini 4, while similar to the iPad Air 2, offers a reliable experience with its iOS 10 version, even with just 2GB of RAM.
When it comes to image quality, the Mini 4 delivers the goods. Opt for the Cellular model for instant access to maps on the go. If you’re after a dependable and responsive tablet for your Mavic Pro, this one’s a winner.
4. Nvidia Shield K1: The Powerhouse with an HDMI Advantage
The Nvidia Shield K1 has earned its place as one of the most popular tablets among DJI enthusiasts. With Wi-Fi, Cellular capabilities, and a 4K UHD bright screen, it ensures a crystal-clear view even in direct sunlight. What sets it apart is the HDMI port, allowing you to connect it to your drone’s controller.
With some software adjustments, you can even link up FPV goggles for an immersive experience. Expect top-notch processing power, ample storage, and a lag-free experience with the DJI GO app. This tablet is a superb addition to your DJI Mavic Pro toolkit.
5. Samsung Galaxy Tab S2: A Stunning Display and Smooth Performance
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 ranks high on the list of the best tablets Samsung has ever produced, and it’s a brilliant choice for your DJI Mavic Pro. Its high-quality display offers ample space for FPV images, boasting a screen resolution of 2048×1536 and excellent brightness/contrast ratios.
What truly stands out is its smooth performance, thanks to a combination of 1.8GHz quad-core and 1.4GHz Octa-core processors along with an AMOLED display. Though you might encounter occasional lag between in-screen footage and your drone’s actual position, this is a common occurrence with most tablets. For an uninterrupted aerial photography experience, the Galaxy Tab S2 has you covered.
6. Google Nexus 7 and 9: Android Excellence
It’s no surprise that the Google Nexus 7 (2013 model) is a decent pick for your Mavic Pro. It offers a 1920×1200 display in a lightweight package, making it an excellent choice for portability and customization. Even with its smaller size, it provides plenty of battery life to keep you airborne for extended periods.
Consider upgrading to the Nexus 9 for its super-fast NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor, bright 8.9-inch screen, and ample storage. With 16GB Flash Memory and 2GB RAM Memory, this tablet is hard to resist and works seamlessly with the DJI Go App.
7. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6: A High-End Android Option
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 is a bit pricier but offers an exceptional experience. With a Snapdragon 855 processor and an AMOLED display at 2560x1600p on the 10.5-inch screen, you can expect sharp and colorful images.
The 15-hour battery life is a big plus. If you’re looking for a more budget-friendly alternative, the Galaxy Tab A with its 10.1-inch display at 1920x1200p and Octa-core Exynos 7870 processor is a solid choice. This model performs well with the DJI Go App and is ideal for those on a tight budget.
8. iPad Air 2: Stability and Convenience
The iPad Air 2 is another popular choice for Mavic Pro owners. Its 2048×1536 (QXGA) display resolution and iOS stability make it an excellent fit for the DJI Go App. While it’s a tad heavier and pricier, it’s well worth it, especially considering the availability of the latest iOS versions.
This iPad also comes with standard free apps like iMovie, making it a great tool for editing your drone footage. For those planning to edit a lot of videos on their tablet, opt for the iPad 2 Air with ample storage space, as it cannot be expanded after purchase. Connecting the tablet to your drone’s controller via the USB charging table is a breeze.
That wraps up our list of top tablet picks to enhance your DJI Mavic Pro experience. Remember that regardless of your tablet’s size, a tablet holder can provide you with more flexibility and comfort during your flights. Happy flying!
FAQs [Best Tablet for Mavic Pro]
1. Which tablet is best for DJI Mavic Pro?
- The best tablet for your DJI Mavic Pro depends on your specific needs. Some popular options include the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, DJI CrystalSky, iPad Mini 4, and Nvidia Shield K1. Choose one that suits your preferences and budget.
2. Do I need a tablet for my DJI Mavic Pro?
- While not mandatory, a tablet enhances your Mavic Pro experience by providing a larger screen for better control and viewing. It’s especially helpful for framing shots and monitoring your drone’s status.
3. Can I use an iPad with my DJI Mavic Pro?
- Yes, iPads, particularly the iPad Mini 4 and iPad Air 2, are compatible with the DJI Mavic Pro. They offer excellent performance and reliable connectivity with the DJI GO app.
4. What features should I consider when choosing a tablet for my drone?
- Factors to consider include screen brightness, resolution, battery life, compatibility with the DJI GO app, and overall performance. Each tablet mentioned in the article has unique features to cater to different preferences.
5. Can I connect my tablet to my drone’s controller?
- Yes, you can connect your tablet to your DJI Mavic Pro controller using the provided cable. This connection allows you to view the live feed from your drone’s camera and control its functions.
6. Are there any affordable tablet options for my DJI Mavic Pro?
- Yes, tablets like the Google Nexus 7 and 9 offer budget-friendly options without compromising on performance. These tablets provide a great balance of quality and affordability.
7. What are the benefits of using a tablet holder with my drone?
- A tablet holder offers greater flexibility and comfort during your drone flights. It allows you to position your tablet for optimal viewing and control, enhancing your overall flying experience.
8. Can I install additional apps on the recommended tablets?
- Yes, you can install other apps on these tablets. They are not limited to just the DJI GO app, so you can use them for various purposes beyond drone flying and photography.
9. How do I extend the storage on these tablets for recording videos?
- Many of the recommended tablets have microSD slots that allow you to expand storage. You can insert a compatible microSD card to increase the available storage for video recording and other data.
10. What should I do if I experience lagging or glitches with my tablet while flying my DJI Mavic Pro?
- Lagging and glitches can occur with any tablet. Ensure you have the latest firmware and app updates, close background apps, and maintain a strong Wi-Fi or cellular connection to minimize these issues.
- Best Accessories for a Drone
- Best DJI Mini 3 Pro Accessories
- DJI FPV Accessories
- DJI Air 2s Accessories
- Best Drones Longest Battery Life
- Easiest Drone to Fly with Camera
- Best FPV Drone Kit With Goggles
- Best Drone Controller
- Best Drone under 150 with Camera
- Best Drone under 50 Dollars
- DJI Mini 2 Accessories
- DJI Mini 2 Obstacle Avoidance
- Best Drones without Geofencing
- Best Drone Anti-Collision Lights
- Best DJI Mavic Mini Accessories
- DJI Mini SE Accessories
- Best Tablet for Drones